Healthcare Career Training
Educating for lifelong success
With education, opportunities emerge. That’s why Mercy Neighborhood Ministries offers job skills training to prepare adult students for a future in the flourishing healthcare industry.
The need is great for compassionate and dependable individuals with a desire to work in healthcare and the field can be extremely rewarding and personally fulfilling. And since we have long established connections with Mercy Health, local home care agencies, and long term care facilities we help facilitate interviews with employers who are actively seeking qualified candidates.
Empowering adult students to make the leap from a job to a career
Launch your healthcare career. Choose a course of study from our trio of training courses:
- Home Care Aide Training (HCAT)
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA)
- Hospital Worker Readiness Program (HWRP)
General training program qualifications:
- Adult students are required to be ages 19 and up.
- Applicants must be free from certain criminal offenses. Please be honest on your application so our job coaches can offer guidance.
- Basic reading and math skills are important for quality job performance. We will help students meet the requirements to pass a pre-test.
- Tuition fees range from $100-800, but scholarships are available, based on income and family size.
- You may qualify for assistance with transportation.
- 100% attendance is required.